Thursday, April 2, 2009

Try this


When you bake you potatoes (only place to buy potatoes is Costco, a big bag of nicely shaped ginormous russet potatoes) at 400 degrees for 1 hour try this . . .

Try rubbing them down with olive oil and sprinkling them with kosher salt. It makes the skin tender and tasty. Making it much more appealing to eat the healthiest part of the the potato.
Do you probe your potatoes with a fork before you cook them? I used to do that as well, then I questioned why I was even doing it. I was doing it because my mother did it. So I asked my mother why she did it. You know what she said? So they don't explode! Seriously? Have you ever heard of a potato exploding in the oven? Ever? First of all, that would never happen, and second of all, if it did, that would be freaking awesome!
So the moral of the story is, you don't need to stab your potatoes with a fork. In my opinion it just allows moister to escape, making your potato more dry. I haven't had a potato fatality yet, and I do a lot of baked potatoes!

No comments: