Thursday, April 23, 2009

My new cookbook


So my good friend Kris surprised me with a cookbook out of the blue.  I was thrilled!  I think it was a hint to bake her something :). I have heard of Magnolia cupcakes before so I was so excited to start trying! Kris told me that the first thing I have to try is the banana pudding.  Mama loves pudding, so I tried it, it was incredible! I don't know if it completely illegal to post someone else's recipe, but it was soooo good,  I can't keep it to myself! So thank you Kris for the cookbook, I will bring you some pudding soon!

Ingredient list
1   14.5 oz  can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 c ice cold water
one small box instant vanilla pudding
3 c heavy cream
1 box Nilla wafers
4 c sliced bananas

The good thing is, it is so easy to make! First combine sweetened condensed milk and cold water. Beat with an electric mixers until well combined and smooth. Add pudding powder and beat some more (about 2 minutes) until very smooth. Refrigerate for AT LEAST 3 hours, or overnight.  When you are ready to assemble the banana pudding, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into the pudding until combined and there are no streaks.
Now get your prettiest deep glass dish and get ready to assemble. Wafers, bananas, pudding, wafers, bananas, pudding, wafers, bananas, pudding. 
Now it has to the be chilled again to let the wafers soak up the pudding. About 4 hours is needed. Now the recipes says, no more that 8 hours, but I ate this pudding for 3 days and tastes all good.

Now Paula Dean would call this a "sugar free" recipe because the recipe doesn't call for sugar. It is really sweet, but I loves me sweet! It has been about a weeks since I made it and just blogging about it makes me want to make some more . . . Think . . do I have nilla wafers ? I got to run to the store and get me some wafters. Stay tuned for when I try the cupcakes!

No comments: