Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Orange glazed salmon



This recipe is adapted from one of my best buddies, Sarah. This is her second appearance on the blog and there will be many more to come. This is what she told me to do . . .
This recipe is for 4 salmon portions. Zest one orange and combine it with about 1/4 c of sugar, and some salt and pepper.  Squeeze the orange over the salmon fillets and top each fillet with the sugar mixture. Grill or broil the fish sugar side up. 
Now that is what she told me to do, but this is what I did. First, instead of just squeezing the orange over the fish, I marinated the fish in it for about 30 minutes. To the orange juice I also added a couple tablespoons of soy sauce and about 2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger.
 I was intending to grill the fish, but I was out of propane (must of left it on last time, dang!). I really hate to broil because the pan is always a pain to clean. So I pan fried it. I put the fish sugar side up and cooked it on medium heat, flipping it once. I seasoned the other side with fresh pepper and season salt after I flipped it. The reason I give my version is because I think the soy sauce and ginger totally changed the recipe. So I think it would be good either way.

I served it with egg rice and roasted asparagus. Stay tuned this week for those recipes!

No comments: