Monday, April 13, 2009

My new poll over there


So I was at my good friend Lori's house. She is very type A. Always planning, very organized. Her house is perfectly decorated (I don't even have a picture on the wall) and she is an incredible mother doing things like planning activities to teach her children about recycling (I am lucky to pass for a mother). She was about to slice an orange to put into the punch bowl before a get together at her house. Before she began to slice, I reminded her to wash it first. To which she replied, "oh, I already washed it." I was shocked! She washes all her produce we she comes home from the grocery store before she put it away. I had never heard such a thing! Don't get me wrong, I believe in food cleanliness  ( clean hands, hair up, washing food, cross contamination, all that jazz). but I had no idea there were people who washed their food before before they put it away. Putting away the groceries is bad enough! To be perfectly honest, I only wash an orange if I plan on using the peel. Of course this is coming from the mother who would let her children eat dirt (Alta was a real dirt chomper in her early days) . So please take my poll . . . . over there ----------->

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she needs a few more kids

Mumsy said...

Hi! I just followed you over here via Twitter. Do you want me to add you to the Utah Food bloggers list? I'd love to link to you, Nan.