Wednesday, February 25, 2009

what to do with that lame fondue pot you got at your wedding


For a little family fun, we busted out the fondue pot for the first time.  I actually really like fondue of all types, not just chocolate fondue. However, I would much rather have my sweet heart take me to the melting pot that make my own. The chocolate fondue was fun, and the kids loved it, and so did mom.

Ingredient list:
3/4 c half and half
1/2 c heavy cream
2 big symphony chocolate bars (about 12-13 oz chocolate)

The first thing you need to do is fine chop or shave your chocolate. I did this by sending the chocolate through the shredder with the food processor. The finer you get the chocolate the easier it will melt.  I have the electric cuisinart  fondue pot, I think a crock pot would work pretty good, but you may need to heat up the cream on the stove first. Heat up the cream and half and half till bubbles start to form on the edges, turn it down and immediately add the shaved chocolate and stir. Wala! you have fondue! 
We dipped graham crackers, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, apples, and gummy worms. I baked some brownies to dip, but they weren't done in time.

No comments: