Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm so proud

Look what I did today!
I finally remembered to bring my reusable shopping bags into the store! I am so proud! I have only had them for 6 months, it was high time I used them! It felt great!
We live where there is no garbage service, so we have to manage our garbage ourselves. That make us acutely aware of how much garbage we use. So every time I brought home my groceries in those plastic bags I would be riddled with guilt. So I would pile them in a corner, with the weak intention of taking them to recycled, full knowing I would probably never remember to take them somewhere. I would recycle them in others ways, lining the bathroom waste baskets, some times I line a bowl with one and use it for garbage when I am cooking (Rachael Ray style) so I just pull it out of the bowl and drop everything into the garbage.
So today is a new day, Nan uses reusable grocery bags. Next thing you know I will be composting!

1 comment:

Lisa Thomas said...

Everything just fits better in those bags, doesn't it? I love 'em! I feel like a 1940's housewife packing my car with the solidly-packed, square bags.

I told the manager at Macey's that she needed to invest in a few signs in the parking lot that say..."Did you remember your bags?" For that is the biggest challenge, remembering them!