Friday, February 20, 2009

Encounters with white chocolate macadamia cookies


In the last two days, I have had two good encounters with white chocolate macadamia cookies. The first one was at the Jazz game last night and the second one was a Sundance today.  I thought to myself, I never in my life have made a a white chocolate macadamia cookies! So today I did. These cookies are inspired by the rookie cookies chocolate chip cookies, that I have been meaning to try for weeks but haven't gotten around to. Her recipe intrigued me because it calls for a vanilla pudding mix. I didn't change anything from her recipe aside from substituting the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, and I made them into huge cookies.  

Ingredient list:
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
half bag white chocolate chips
1 c macadamia nuts

Now you can cook these just the regular way, golf ball size dough, 375 degrees for 9-10 min. I decided to make ginormous size cookies. I used my big ice cream scoop rather than my mini scoop, (probably about 2 1/2 tablespoons) I baked them for 14 minutes at 375.  I also chilled the dough before I  baked them (heavens sake just TRY chilling your dough first!)
So now that I have made my first white chocolate macadamia cookies I can say,suck it Energy Solutions Arena and Sundance, my cookies were gooood!

No comments: