Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pork tenderloin


So tonight I made a pork tenderloin for the first time. Yes, it is still pork and chicken week. My husband is still gone and I am going to die. Actually, I am going to be fine, but my children are going to die, by my own hands.  I bought a new DVD today and put it on while I made dinner. I was enjoying the peace of having them engaged upstairs that I didn't even call them down for dinner. So my parents and I enjoyed dinner without them. Aaaahhhhh . . . . .
So I have never made a pork tenderloin before, tenderloin is a good thing when it comes to beef, so I figure it will be good for pork too.  In the package, it looked like a perfect little tubular log, but when I opened it, it was actually in two pieces, which was disappointing. I definitely had "cookers block" as I looked at this piece of meat. So I pulled out my mountain of cookbooks, nothing inspired me. Went to my favorite website, the food network, nothing.  I had faint memories of seeing someone stuff a pork tenderloin, so that is what I did.

I sauteed some onion(1 small), celery(2 stocks) and garlic(1 clove) in some OVOO (not to get Rachael Ray on you, but it is more convenient!) Then I added about 2 c stove top stuffing, a handful of pine nuts and a handful of dried cherries. Then I added about a 1/2 can chicken broth. That was the stuffing.

I slapped the stuffing in the middle then tied up the roast with a string. Liberally s and p'd it, and put it in the oven for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I have to say . . . . pretty good invention. I served it up with some scalloped potatoes . Although, it was good. I am ready to eat some beef with my lover.


No comments: