Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chocolate Bunt Cake


My extended family likes their frost THICK! I am talking 50/50, a little cake with your frosting type deal.  As for myself, I appreciate the cake, and could even do without frosting sometimes. If this resonates with you, make this bunt cake. This recipe may look familiar, it is the same formula I use with pretty much all cake recipes.

Chocolate Bunt Cake

1 chocolate cake box mix
1 small box chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/4 c water
1 c sour cream
1 half bag chocolate chips (optional)

Combine the first 6 ingredients and mix well, the batter will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips. Put evenly into a pam sprayed bunt pan. Cook for about 40 minutes at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean. Let is sit for about 10 minutes to cool, then invert onto a plate. Dust with powdered sugar.
note: to dust, put powdered sugar into a sieve and shake over the cake. 


No comments: