Monday, December 8, 2008

Rice Pilaf


So my friend suggested I need to name my recipes. In my head the recipe is called, "you know that one rice with the pine nuts and mushrooms" but that isn't very catchy. So my next thought is, "The best Rice Pilaf" followed with the "The best pan fried Cod" and a so on and so on . . . Or maybe, "Dang good Rice Pilaf" . . . . catchy?

So tonight we had almond crusted cod, with rice pilaf, broccoli, homemade canned peaches, cottage cheese, and a lettuce wedge.
Tonight I will share the rice pilaf.
1/2 c fine diced green pepper
1/2 c fine diced red pepper (I used an orange one today because the store had no red, dang you Albertsons!)
1/2 c fine diced mushrooms
1/2 c fine diced onion
1/2 c fine diced carrot
1 garlic clove minced
1 1/2 c uncooked rice
3 c chicken stock
1 T oil
2 T butter
1/2 c pine nuts
Saute all the veggies and garlic in the oil.

Add butter and rice until the rice because to be transparent.

Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, turn to low and simmer till all the liquid is absorbed (to be honest, I transfer everything into my rice cooker but not everyone has a rice cooker) Mix in the pine nuts. TADA! a great side dish that goes with lots of meals, especially fish.

1 comment:

Shannon & Summer said...

No wonder why your parents come to dinner almost every night! If only I lived closer! Looks delicious!
Are you still doing classes? I want to come...