Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sucker for those Costco Samples



Photobucket
Costco samples are meant for people like me. I have more kids than food in the cart, and the only thing keeping us alive are the samples that old ladies are giving to my children. You have been told many times, don't go to the store hungry. I ALWAYS go hungry! Therefore, I always take the samples and I always end up buying what they are sampling (except the dino chicken nuggets, that is just gross). So the latest sample I bought was...

I never buy sausage, but it was tasty! Then they sat there, staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge. So I finally had to use them. Along with some garden tomatoes and some garden basil, I turned it into a tasty pasta.

Ingredient list

6 sausage links, sliced
3-4 garden tomatoes
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6-7 minced basil leaves
splash of white wine
splash of balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
1 T butter

Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil. Add sausage to brown (I was using fully cooked sausage). Add a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan. Add tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Splash with about 2 T balsamic vinegar. Simmer till tomatoes cook down a little. Add torn basil leaves and butter. Toss with cooked pasta of your choice. Top with fresh parmesan.




2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hello, I stopped by to tell you I borrowed a picture of your ripe bananas and that if you weren't ok with that I'd remove it. However, I got a glimpse of this sausage pasta goodness and have to say WOW, it looks SO good I might have to try it. Let me know about the banana pic. :)

Natalie said...

We LOVE this chicken sausage! My husband likes it straight up with a fork and knife but I like to throw it in pasta. You are making me hungry!