Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nearly whole wheat banana muffins

Photobucket

I find that my kids do very good with "nearly whole wheat". Since I have banned prepackage treats, I need to make treats that they like. So instead of going hard core on the whole grains, I am opting for nearly whole grain. I am a glass half fun kind of gal. So if its mostly whole wheat, its healthier!

Nearly Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

1/2 c butter
1/2 c apple sauce
1/2 c sugar
4 eggs
6 ripe bananas (or any other ripe fruit, I also used apricots)
1 c milk
2 c whole wheat flour (fresh ground if you are cool)
2 c all purpose flour
1 t salt
2 t baking soda

cream butter and sugar, add eggs, apple sauce, bananas and milk. Combine flours, salt and baking soda. Slowing add to wet ingredients. Do not over mix. Fill any muffin tin size you like. I filled lots of different one. This recipe makes a lot of muffins, so freeze half of them and you will be happy.
Yummiest way to eat them is, slice them in half, put them in the toaster to reheat them and some butter, and put both sides back together. yum! Great to pack in those lunches.

1 comment:

GarlicBOSS said...

Sounds very good and great picture