Monday, September 14, 2009

The smoothie


Photobucket

EQUALS =

Now I have this thing about dinner, you all need to have a fresh fruit and a fresh veg at the table. It doesn't seem balanced if you don't. So we eat a lot of fruit salad at dinner. Not cool whip on fruit cocktail and marshmallows fruit salad, but fresh fruit cut into pieces and usually dressed with some yogurt. So quite often, because I feel like I haven't done my job satisfying everyone unless there are plenty of leftovers, there is fruit left over. So I pop it the fridge and later it is fruit all prepped, ready for a smoothie the next day.
Now, many would add a little protein powder. What is protein powder exactly? Its clearly not food. Muscle milk? That is just plain freaky. Instead of adding engineered, processed products, add a little whole grain oats! It is really tasty and really boasts the value to any shake. Some fruit, yogurt (full fat of course, low fat yogurt is a crime against humanity) about a 1/4 c oatmeal and some ice and it is a delicious smoothie that will make your body happy!

2 comments:

toothpaste57 said...

you are AMAZING! I love your blog. Keep up the good work.

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Looks great! This is our favourite after school snack & one of the few ways our 3yr old son will eat something nutricious! Some things I like to add are ground flax seed, wheat germ, bananna's, frozen vanilla yogurt (full fat of course), or chocolate milk. Whenever we have errands to run I make a batch & bring it with us. Can't wait to try it with oats!