Tuesday, May 19, 2009

marinated cucumbers


So remember when I said I cooked for ward temple night and served marinated cucumbers. Well actually, I totally forgot I prepared them until the dinner was almost over. I opened the fridge, and there they were, staring me in the face. So I pulled them out so everyone cook see how pretty they were as they were reaching for their dessert. All I can say is they missed out. Luckily, the are soo good day two.

Marinated Cucumbers

Washed and half peeled cucumbers sliced ( I like the English cucumbers)
red onion sliced
Rice vinegar
apple cider vinegar
olive oil
sugar
salt
fresh pepper
water

Now I am truly sorry to say, I don't have measurements, but measurements doesn't matter. Do equal parts rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar and water.. Give a couple swirls of oil, a good sprinkle of salt pepper and a liberal amount to sugar according to your tastes.

No comments: