Saturday, May 23, 2009

Another from the Worldwide Cookbook


Sunday's are so lame without Fairb. I can handle the weekdays, but the weekends stink. So last Sunday, I spent experimented with recipes. I made another cinnamon roll recipe from the Worldwide Ward Cookbook, "Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls" on page 28. What is cool about this recipe is that it is very simple, and can be made into a "mix" to be given away, the woman who wrote the recipe would use the mix as a young woman fundraiser.  Luck for everyone involved, my brother and sister and their respective families showed up on my door step to enjoy the warm cinnamon rolls. Making Sunday not so lame anymore.

Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls

1 white or yellow cake mix
2 pkg yeast (or 2 tablespoons, I would use instant yeast if you are going the "mix" route. Yeast you know is good)
1 t salt
2 c flour
2 1/4 c warm water
3 c flour
butter (about a stick)
brown sugar 
cinnamon

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Add  water and mix. Add 3 c flour (switch to dough hook) and knead till well mixed and smooth.  Put into a greased bowl and let raise till double.  Push down and shape into a rectangle. Spread with butter then brown sugar, then cinnamon.  Roll into a long loaf and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices.

Let rise until double and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Makes about 18 rolls.
Now I topped the rolls with my sour cream glaze:

1/2 stick butter melted
big spoonful of sour cream
about a 1/2 bag powdered sugar
splash of vanilla
milk to thin accordingly

If you don't know how to turn the above into frosting, find a movie on youtube.

1 comment:

Dewi said...

Hi Nan, it is my first time here. I'm intrigue by the name "hobble" .... anyway just drop by, and will visit again.

Your Cinnamon bread look wonderful,
Cheers,
elra