Thursday, January 29, 2009

lemon ginger salad dressing


Have you noticed salads are all the rage? Well, I can be cool too. Here's a little ditty. This is a nan original.

Lemon Ginger Dressing:

1/3 c fresh squeezed lemon
1/4 c rice vinegar
1/3 c sugar or honey
1 T lemon zest
1 T fresh grated ginger
3 T soy sauce
2 T chopped red onion
3/4 c vegetable oil

Now, I didn't measure out the grated ginger or the red onion. These measurements are just guesses. I cut off a little nub of ginger (peeled) and cut off a little bigger nub of onion (peeled). I put them in the blender along with the sugar, lemon zest (to which I did not measure, I just zested one lemon), vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice. I blended that until the ginger and onion are blended in. While the blend is still going, I slowly added the oil. The dressing is sweet, I like sweet. If you are not a sweet fan, I would decrease the sugar to 1/4 c.

Now this dressing goes good with a salad that has some sort of fruit. In the salad I made, I did romaine lettuce, mangoes, macadamia nuts, avocado, red bell pepper and won ton strips (you can buy won ton strips in the grocery store, usually on the display in the produce section where they have croutons, tortilla strips and almond slivers. I however fried these ones because they were out at the store). 
Now if you added some chicken or some salmon to this, it would make a meal!

No comments: