Monday, June 29, 2009

Mango salad with Asian Ginger Sesame Dressing


 I posted a salad like this very recently, but this one is better, so completely disregard the last one! This salad gives Rumbi's a run for their money.

Asian Ginger Sesame Salad Dressing

1/3 c rice vinegar
1/3 c sugar
One chunk of a yellow onion (probably 2 T fine chopped onion)
1 nub fresh ginger (probably 1 T minced)
2 T soy sauce
2 T sesame oil
2/3 C vegetable oil

Combine the first 5 ingredients into the blender and pulverize till the onions and ginger and blended. While the blender is still going, add the sesame oil and vegetable oil.

Now the salad ingredients are really up to you. I did romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, mango,  macadamia nuts, and won ton strips.
How do you get won ton strips do you ask? Now I have seen them sold in bags in the grocery store next to the croutons. However, I have only seen it few and far between. I always make my own. Buy a package of egg roll or won ton wrappers cut them into strips and fry them in hot oil. Season them lightly with salt.

No comments: