Thursday, July 16, 2009

Too much fun

Photobucket
Don't get me wrong folks, I have been cooking up a storm, but we have been playing too much to be blogging. Fairb has been home for awhile and we have been camping, hiking, biking, swimming, and partying. As a result the blog has been severely neglected. However, I have discovered a great recipe for a lemon dessert that I really need to share. This dessert is a winner. I got it off  another blog,mykitchencafe.blogspot.com. She called it a lemon pudding cake, but I am respectfully changing it to a LEMON CUSTARD CAKE, because pudding makes me thing of JELL-O and custard makes me thing of ooh la la! It is a custard after all. Besides topping it with some fresh whipped cream, I followed her recipe to the letter. To find the most amazing lemon custard cake recipe, click here. I have made this recipe twice already. The second time I bake individual cakes in ramekins which made the presentation nicer. This cake is going to the repertoire. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ok, I agree, Lemon Custard cake DOES sound much nicer. And what a fantastic idea to bake in individual ramekins. I'm definitely doing that next time.

As for your picture - amazing. Love the scenery.